Partnerships and Initiatives
Through the years, the Trust has created many types of initiatives to help our region—and its foundations, businesses, civic leaders, and individuals like you—most effectively engage with the issues they care about. Through special task forces like these, we tackle issues of concern from innovative angles, or harness the power of civic collaboration for greater impact. Learn more about our partnerships and initiatives here.
As we invest the resources of generations of donors into serving our community, we engineer creative approaches to amplify the impact of our grant making.
Our connection with the region’s diverse communities beyond Chicago has inspired the creation of partner foundations—deeply rooted, authentically informed forces of strategic leadership for addressing local challenges.
Honoring the rich traditions of caring and mutual support within many communities, the Trust’s giving groups invite individuals and families to join together in philanthropy inspired by a shared heritage or a common cause.
In a rich ecosystem of nonprofits, businesses and civic institutions, the Trust builds partnerships that can kickstart creative solutions or accelerate progress toward addressing the most complex challenges.
- Elevated Chicago
- Chicago Fund for Safe and Peaceful Communities
- Michael and Mona Heath Fund
- Benefit Chicago
- Smart Chicago Collaborative (now City Tech)
- Illinois Immigration Funders Collaborative
- Chicago Learning Exchange
- Get IN Chicago
- Lester and Hope Abelson Fund for the Performing Arts
- Chicago Dancemakers Forum
- Next Century Conservation Plan
- Chi-Cal Rivers Fund
- Calumet Collaborative
- Ingenuity, Inc.
- Financial Services Pipeline Initiative
- Springboard Foundation
- Searle Scholars
- GO TO 2040
- Generation All
- Fresh Taste
- Community News Matters
- Chicagoland Workforce Funder Alliance
- Arts Work Fund