Grants from the Asian Giving Circle (AGC) provide funding to nonprofit organizations serving the Asian American communities of metropolitan Chicago. Grant making in 2013 will support programs focused on mental health and wellness, including disability.
- Must be a qualified 501(c)(3), as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code, or a governmental agency that serves the residents of metropolitan Chicago, or
- Must have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that will serve as the fiscal agent for the grant
- Must serve residents in the Chicago metropolitan area, including Cook, DuPage, Lake, McHenry and/or Will Counties, Illinois
- Must serve a predominately Asian American population (includes Southeast, South and Central Asia)
- May not have received a grant from AGC in the previous grant cycle. All other previous AGC grant recipients may apply.
- Priority will be given to organizations with an annual organizational budget of $500,000 or less.
- The following programs will not be considered for support:
Scholarships or fellowships
Private or public educational institutions
Political parties or political action committees
Capital campaigns or endowments
Government or municipal agencies
- Average grant award is $4,000, but award may be higher if proposal is particularly compelling
- Grants are awarded for one year
Grant Cycle and Deadlines
Proposals for this 2013 grant cycle are no longer being accepted. Grant recipients will be announced here in the months ahead.
Janice Atkins Washington
Coordinator of Donor Services
312.616.8000 ext. 150