To lead and inspire philanthropic efforts that measurably improve the quality of life and the prosperity of our region.
The Chicago Community Trust is committed to:
- Maximizing our community and donor impact through strategic grant making and bold leadership
- Accelerating our asset growth by attracting new donors and creating a closer relationship with existing donors
- Delivering operational excellence to our donors, grant recipients and staff members
- Inspiring people who care about Chicago to engage with the Trust, creating bold impact on behalf of our community
Five values define our promise to the individuals and communities we serve:
- Integrity. Our responsibility, first and foremost, is to uphold the public trust placed in us and to ensure that we emulate the highest ethical standards, honor our commitments, remain objective and transparent and respect all of our stakeholders.
- Stewardship and Service. We endeavor to provide the highest level of service and due diligence to our donors and grant recipients and to safeguard donor intent in perpetuity.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Our strength is found in our differences and we strive to integrate diversity in all that we do.
- Collaboration. We value the transformative power of partnerships based on mutual interests, trust and respect and we work in concert with those who are similarly dedicated to improving our community.
- Innovation. We seek and stimulate new approaches to address what matters most to the people and we serve, as well as support, others who do likewise in our shared commitment to improve metropolitan Chicago.
We believe that the diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of our region. Our mission is best fulfilled when we embrace diversity as a value and a practice.
The Trust has adopted a complete diversity policy, designed to enhance organizational effectiveness and to lead by example. Learn more