Title: Executive Director, Sun-Times Foundation
Reports to: Vice President of Development and Donor Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Chicago Community Trust and Wrapports, LLC are seeking an Executive Director for the Sun-Times Foundation. Structured as a donor advised fund of The Chicago Community Foundation, the Sun-Times Foundation will engage new donors through a matching-gift program and seek major gifts to support local charities throughout metropolitan Chicago.
Job Purpose: The Executive Director will provide leadership to the Sun-Times Foundation, working with donor advisors of the Foundation, Wrapports leadership and Trust staff to develop a clear vision, effective strategies and effective strategies as well as implement an operational work plan for the Foundation. The Executive Director will manage the Foundation's grant making and fundraising responsibilities and represent the organization in the community.
- Be responsible for achieving the Foundation's mission and financial objectives
- Lead fundraising efforts, including donor advisor involvement in fundraising; develop and implement fundraising strategies; personally cultivate and solicit major gift donors
- Oversee the flow of funds to ensure steady progress toward goals and achievement of the mission
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the Foundation's grant making program and other activities that support the mission
- Develop and activate event plan for the Sun-Times Foundation, including annual fundraiser and several mid-sized events
- Develop meeting agendas, oversee and implement meeting planning and coordination and ensure that materials facilitate the advisors' decision making in a complete and timely manner
- Arrange for documentation of all donor advisor meetings
- Provide regular, timely internal financial statements and forecasts to donor advisors
- Formulate budgets
- Build positive relationships with partner organizations, media and others
- Manage public relations for the Foundation, including serving as its spokesperson
- Represent the organization by participating in key associations and organizations, serving on committees and speaking in public settings
- Perform other duties as directed by donor advisors, Wrapports, LLC and vice president or supervisor
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in development, public relations, management or a related field preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in fundraising and project management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while executing tactically in order to meet the Foundation's goals and objectives
- Ability to exercise situational leadership skills ranging from task management to strategic leadership
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, relationship building and collaborative planning
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills with the ability to interact with press, nonprofit organizations, the corporate and business sector and community residents
- Self-directed with demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Experience in managing budgets and working with nonprofit boards
- Familiarity with metropolitan Chicago, its communities, neighborhoods and community organizations preferred
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interested individuals should submit cover letter, resume, salary history and names of references to Please use "Executive Director, Sun-Times Foundation" as the subject line of your email.
Posting Date: August 3, 2012
Deadline: September 12, 2012